Employer: Responsive Website Design Toronto INC o/a Amazing Business Results
Position: Web Developer/SEO Specialist
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Brechin, Ontario
Employment Address: 11 Laguna Pkwy #22Brechin, ON L0K 1B0
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy.
Salary: $68,000 CAD per annum
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Programming, developing, website coding, and producing data-driven web applications, websites using WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and project managers on client projects
- Consult with clients as needed
- Contribute to the development of the misc. company special projects
- Manage your own time & development between multiple projects & clients to meet deliverables
- Follow and contribute to our internal standards
- Keep up on the latest trends and best practices in web development
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Ensuring that website design, layout, and coding is optimized for search engines.
- Working with the web designer to ensure consistent standards of SEO.
- Performing regular tests on website SEO rankings.
- Troubleshooting technical SEO issues for the website.
- Giving feedback to the digital marketing team about SEO.
- Researching the latest SEO guidelines and implementing them.
- Assisting with integrations to enhance or maintain SEO competitiveness.
- Planning website SEO contingencies for problems that may arise.
- Updating marketing managers and team members on SEO standards and changes.
- Providing technical support to stakeholders in the web design process.
- Develop custom APIs, methods, and functions as a software developer.
- Implementation, customization and support of ZOHO CRM with web application using API
- Work with the Zoho support team to resolve any reported issues.
- Develop, write, modify, integrate and test Web site related code and Web application interfaces
- Develop and implement procedures for ongoing Web site revision
- Monitor and maintain Web site functionality
- May participate in Web site architecture and design in collaboration with designers or clients
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ front-end development and web programming experience.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice & standard plugins
- Strong experience with custom WordPress theme development, including accommodating full user editability, complex layouts, and plugins that require theme customization
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions
- Experience creating custom themes for use with WooCommerce
- Familiarity with various commonplace and proven plugins such as: Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7, The Events Calendar, BuddyPress
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Thorough understanding of custom post types and taxonomies
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards.
- Experience with creating custom WordPress plugins is a plus
- An understanding of programming security best practices
- Experience creating multilingual websites.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting WordPress performance issues.
- Experience in sorting out plugin-based errors in the ecom site.
- Experience in handling payment gateway integration and errors management.
- Performance Tuning and optimization.
- Backup and import-export WordPress configuration.
- Knowledge on different web hosting, Web Server. FTP, Cpanel
- Work on Zoho CRM Integration, REST, SOAP APIs
- Solid understanding of general SEO principles and the web-design process.
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Search Console, Google Ads Manager, Google Merchant Account
- Experience or good familiarity with SEO research tools such as Rank Tracker, SEMrush, Ahrefs
- Good experience using Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, and learn new things!
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to collaborate with team, gathering requirements and managing expectations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Organized, deadline-driven, and detail-focused.